Lotto offers multimillion-rand jackpots twice a week and eight prize divisions in every draw. Draws take place at 20:56 on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Learn all about the game and see the latest winning numbers.
You must purchase your Lotto tickets before 20:30 on draw days. Follow the steps below to take part online or at a retailer:
- Register for an account online or sign in if you already have one.
- Pick six numbers from 1 to 52 or select a Quick Pick for a random set.
- Choose whether to enter Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2. You must play Lotto Plus 1 if you want to play Lotto Plus 2.
- Select how many draws you want to enter or whether to pay for an ongoing subscription
- Pay for your entries
You will receive an email confirming your entry and your numbers will be saved in your online account.
- Pick up a betslip from any lottery store.
- Mark the Lotto Plus 1 box at the top of the betslip if you want to play that additional game.
- Mark the Lotto Plus 2 box at the top of the betslip if you also want to enter that game.
- Choose six numbers between 1 and 52. Do this on as many boards as you want to play. Alternatively, you can mark the Quick Pick option to receive a random selection of numbers.
- Select how many draws you want to enter by marking a number at the top of the betslip. You do not need to do this if you just want to enter a single draw.
- Pay the cashier for your entries and keep your ticket safe.
Each board costs R5.00, and Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2 each cost an extra R2.50. One full entry for Lotto and both Lotto Plus draws costs R10.00.
If you cannot get to a store to fill in a betslip, there are various other ways to enter Lotto, including through the websites and apps of South Africa’s major banks. Go to the How to Play page to learn more about all the different ways you can enter.