South African Students who wish to study or pursue undergraduate studies in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Marketing and Accounting can apply for Telkom Bursaries.
This bursary funds is made available every year and students who qualify can study from 1st year until the end of the course which is normally 3 to 4 years.
The programmes was initiated in 1998 to aid bright, talented and deserving students from disadvantaged communities within South Africa to reach their career goals.
To apply – students are required to collect application forms at Telkom Centre for Learning near them. Forms are available from March each year.
Telkom Centre for Learning & Organisational Capacity are located at:–
- Johannesburg: 14 Heronmere Road, Booysens, 2091
- Pretoria: 1039 Old Kempton Park/Pretoria Road, Olifantsfontein, 1665
- Bloemfontein: 11 East Burger Street, 9301
- Cape Town: 8 Bosmansdam Road, Milnerton, 7441
- Port Elizabeth: Corner 16th Avenue and Main Road, Walmer, 6065
- Durban: 4 Oliver Lea Drive, Rossburgh, 4075
The following documentation must be submitted with a completed application form:
- Certified copy ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copy of Tertiary academic record, if currently in University
Applications must then be delivered back to the Telkom Centre for Learning where you collected the application form.
Applicants must fulfil the following:
- South African citizen
- Proven financial need
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum of 60% or “C” symbol for English, Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Current tertiary students: achieved a minimum average of 60% and no failed subjects
You may apply if you are interested in studying in one of the following fields:
- B Electronic Engineering
- B Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- BSc Electronic Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering(Light Current)
- BSc Computer Engineering
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Information Technology
The bursary covers tuition, accommodation, prescribed books and a living allowance.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Telkom directly:
Telkom Graduate Development Schemes
Tel: 0860 77 66 55